Why Should You Get A Home Security System?
- The FBI reports that over 2 million homes were burglarized in the year 2011.
- Approximately 6,000 households are burglarized EVERY DAY.
- The average burglary results in the loss of over $2,000 to the homeowner.
- The FBI states that homes with home security systems are less likely to be burglarized.
|Company Name||Protect America||LifeShield||ADT||FrontPoint||Vivint
|Visit Webite Here|
|Quick Review||Low Cost, High Value||Innovative Equipment||100+ Years In Business||GE Certified||Energy Efficient
|Years of Experience||21||9||139||8||16|
|Security Quote||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge
|Sensors: Door/Window||3 - 15 Depending On Package||3||3||2||3|
|Sensors: Motion||Comes W/ Packages||Comes W/ Packages||Comes W/ Packages||Comes W/ Packages||Comes W/ Packages
|Sensors: Smoke and/or Heat||Available||Comes W/ Packages||Available||Comes W/ Packages||Comes W/ Packages
|Sensors: Carbon Monoxide||Available||Available||Available||Comes W/ Ultimate Package||Comes W/ Packages|
|Sensors: Freeze||Available||Available||Available||Comes W/ Packages||Available
|Sensors: Garage Door||Available||Available||Available||Comes W/ Packages||Available
|Accessory: Key Fob||Available||Comes W/ Packages||Available||Comes W/ Packages||Comes W/ Packages
|Equipment: Video Cameras||Available||Comes W/ Platinum Package||Available||Comes W/ Ultimate Package||Available
|Wireless Systems Available||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES
|Install Options||DIY Install||DIY or Pro Install||Pro Install||DIY Install||DIY or Pro Install
|Money Back Guarantee||7 Days||30 Days||6 Months||30 Days||N/A|
|Fees: Monthly||$23.99 - $42.99||$29.99 - $44.98||$35.99 - $42.99||$34.99 - $49.99||$49.99 - $68.99
|Fees: Install||N/A||$0 - $99||$99 - $198||N/A||$0 - $199
|Duration of Contract||36 Months||39 - 63 Months||36 Months||36 Months||42 Months
|Company Name||Protect America||LifeShield||ADT||FrontPoint||Vivint
Home Security Systems: A Little History
The first home security system was invented in 1966 by Marie Van Brittan Brown. Marie is a renowned African American inventor. Her invention of the first security system involved a camera that would record its surroundings through holes made for it to look through. A monitor designated for the camera would capture and display its findings on the screen.
Needless to say, her invention of the first home security system was a tremendous success. Since that time, home security systems have become significantly more technologically advanced and proficient. In this day and age, having a home security system that you can count on is imperative for the safety of your household.
How a Home Invasion Can Affect You
Making the decision to invest in security systems is a big step in the right direction. Too many times have we heard about people attempting to protect themselves in their homes via firearms, baseball bats, or another source of so-called home protection.
- More often than not the end results are disastrous, the person trying to protect the household ends up injuring or killing the wrong person, or gets themselves killed.
- The risk taking is purely unnecessary when it comes down to protecting yourself and those closest to you.
It is not enough to just own a home security system; you must know how to operate it to ensure adequate results.
- The most efficient security systems are those that are connected to monitoring services.
- Thousands of lives have been spared thanks to these systems.
- Installing one of these top-quality home security systems in your home is not just necessary in case of a break-in.
- They are also necessary in case you or someone in your home become impaired and are unable to call for help on their own.
- Home security systems that are connected to monitoring services are made up of several components that work together as a team.
- These components include sensors that either you or a professional will install in different places around the entirety of the home in question.
- The majority of the sensors will be placed near the ceiling area of the rooms, as well as in more sensitive areas where not a lot of time is spent.
- Those areas include the garage, screened-in porches and patios, and storage areas.
- All the sensors are placed somewhat discreetly so as not to be obvious to a burglar, or disturb visitors and family in the home.
- Considering all options for the safest placements of the sensors is imperative for the best results possible.
How Home Security Systems Work
Information About Sensors
Each sensor is designed to detect a certain hazard, for instance, one sensor will be designed to detect smoke or fire, another will detect the breaking of glass, yet another will detect motion, and another will detect garage door movement. There are also sensors that are designed to detect carbon monoxide, flooding, and will even give out freeze alerts.
- If any of the sensors are triggered, the control panel, or the in-home command center for your system, is then notified and will let indicate which sensor went off and why.
- The job of the owner is to either reset the control panel after investigating the issue, or calling the authorities.
- The control panel itself will notify the designated monitoring service and they will do the same in contacting both the owner and emergency personnel to ensure that quick and efficient steps are taken to resolve the issue.
The reason behind the instant alerting of the monitoring service should a sensor be triggered is for the safety of the household.
- Although alarms that go off will generally be enough to make an intruder walk away, sometimes that is not the case.
- It is crucial that your home security system be connected to a monitoring service.
- The monthly cost for these services is well worth the peace of mind and added safety you will experience.
- If you own a larger home, or a home that has a lot of potential for attackers to hide in its nooks and crannies undetected, you should invest in a home security system that has surveillance cameras as well.
- Even the mere presence of a security camera will put a burglar on edge, and possibly deter them from your home after deciding the risk is too great.
- Installation of security cameras should only be installed by a trained professional, as they can plan the best areas around the home to maintain surveillance at all times.
Some Closing Remarks
Those days of constant worry over the safety of your family would be greatly decreased once you make the decision to install a high-quality home security system and put it to good use.
- No more worries about someone breaking and entering into your home while you and your family are off on a vacation.
- Peace of mind is far more likely should you be called away on business somewhere that you could not easily reach your family.
- Elderly and disabled residents will have an aide they can count on if there is an emergency and they are unable to call for help.
Home security systems are the new body guards for families all around the world. Everyone should take advantage of owning one. Taking the proper steps to ensure the safety of you and those around you is guaranteed to be an investment that is worth it.